Sometimes, your ISPs DNS server might not work as expected and will give you trouble while you access certain websites. You will most likely view ” The page cannot be displayed” error frequently. In such a case, you have to migrate your DNS to other reliable providers such as OpenDNS or Google. Both of them provide free IP addresses which you can make use of to access Internet without any troubles.
OpenDNS IP Addresses
Preferred DNS server – 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS server – 220.127.116.11
Google IP Addresses
Preferred DNS server – 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server – 22.214.171.124
Follow the steps given below to modify DNS IP address in Windows 7
(1) Click on the Network icon located on the bottom right hand side of the taskbar
(2) Click Open Network and Sharing Center option
(3) Select Change adapter settings link from the navigation panel on the left hand side
(4) Right click your connection icon and select Properties from the popup menu
(5) You will view Local Area Connection Properties dialog
(6) Select the item – Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the populated list of items and click Properties button.
(7) By default, you will notice that the option – Obtain DNS server address automatically will be enabled. This will of course point to your ISPs DNS server.
(8 ) You will have to select – Use the following DNS server addresses and provide the relevant IP addresses as mentioned above.
You will have to close all open IE windows to activate the above modification.
Note: The above steps should be completed with extreme accuracy. Learnxpress.com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of the above article.