O’Reilly Media has released a new book titled – Introducing Microsoft WebMatrix authored by Laurence Moroney. Get a running start with Microsoft WebMatrix—the free, downloadable web development solution featuring all the tools you need for server-side programming.
Introducing Microsoft WebMatrix is your first look at the easy-to-use tools for building your own data-driven website, including the templates, helper libraries, and other WebMatrix features that aid in building and customizing a data-driven site—including techniques for adding video, email, web forms, and other features. Moreover, you will also learn how easy it can be to create a dynamic web presence for your small business or organization with WebMatrix.
In this book, Laurence provides an expert insight into the following content topics
- Write server-side code with either Microsoft ASP.NET or PHP
- Build a database application that lets you create, retrieve, update, and delete records
- Deliver video on your site with Microsoft Silverlight or HTML5
- Add simple email functions—or build your own email application
- Accept payments on your site with PayPal
- Capture user input by building web forms and controls
- Set up an application to promote your site through social networking
- Create a site with WordPress, and discover how to use other PHP-based web applications
About the Book
Introducing Microsoft WebMatrix
Publisher: Microsoft Press
Author: Laurence Moroney
Print ISBN: 9780735649705
Ebook ISBN: 9780735649682
Print Price: $39.99
Ebook Price: $31.99
About Microsoft Press
Microsoft Press is a division of Microsoft Corporation. Established in 1985, Microsoft Press publishes self-paced learning materials on Microsoft products and associated technologies. Microsoft Press products are available in a variety of formats for individual users, IT professionals, and developers. Since 2009, Microsoft and O’Reilly Media have shared the editorial direction and development of Microsoft Press products. O’Reilly also handles sales, distribution, customer service, and some administrative functions.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.