O’reilly has released a new book titled Programming Entity Framework authored by well known programmer and author Julia Lerman. The sub title of the book reads as Building Data Centric Apps with the ADO.NET Entity Framework 4
Get a thorough introduction to ADO.NET Entity Framework 4-Microsoft’s core framework for modeling and interacting with data in .NET applications. The second edition of the acclaimed Programming Entity Framework (O’Reilly Media, $59.99 USD) provides a hands-on tour of the latest ADO.NET Entity Framework (EF4) in Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4. Not only will you learn how to use EF4 in a variety of applications, you’ll also gain a deep understanding of its architecture and APIs.
Written by Julia Lerman, the leading independent authority on the framework, Programming Entity Framework covers it all-from the Entity Data Model and Object Services to WCF Services, MVC Apps, and unit testing. This book highlights important changes for experienced developers familiar with the earlier version.
“Microsoft is focusing all of their data access strategy around Entity Framework,” says Lerman. “When Microsoft produced the second iteration of Entity Framework, the framework had improved so dramatically that a completely new book was needed.”
With Programming Entity Framework, you will:
- Understand the core concepts you need to make the best use of the EF4 in your applications
- Learn to query your data, using either LINQ to Entities or Entity SQL
- Create Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET Web Forms, and ASP.NET MVC applications
- Build and consume WCF Services, WCF Data Services, and WCF RIA Services
- Use Object Services to work directly with your entity objects
- Create persistent ignorant entities, repositories, and write unit tests
- Delve into model customization, relationship management, change tracking, data concurrency, and more
- Get scores of reusable examples-written in C# (with notes on Visual Basic syntax)-that you can implement right away
Julia Lerman is considered the foremost authority on the Entity Framework. She is well known in the .NET community as a .NET Mentor, Microsoft MVP, ASPInsider, and INETA Speaker. She’s a frequent presenter at technical conferences around the world and writes articles for several technical publications.
Programming Entity Framework, Second Edition
ISBN: 978-0-596-80726-9, 912 pages
Book Price: $59.99 USD, Ebook Price: $43.99 USD