ASP is Short form of Active Server Pages. Microsoft has developed ASP to build dynamic web pages and web application. ASP is a vital component of Dot NET framework. As a component of dot NET framework, ASP is a precious development tool for software programmers. It is commonly used for the development of dynamic webpage, rich websites and web based applications.
Dot NET framework is not only restricted to just ASP. It even allows developers to make use of other famous programming languages like J#, VB, C#, etc. Visual studio is a software development tool created by Microsoft Corporation. Developers can create compelling ASP based applications with the help of Visual Studio. ASP.NET is perfect server-side scripting technology. Windows web server is used to hosting ASP based websites or application.
Initially, Internet Web page contents were static. Content of web pages required to be frequently, and manually, re-modified. This created urgencies of web technology that change content on web page dynamically and updated automatically.
Microsoft Corporation has developed Active Server Pages (ASP) to meet the market need. ASP runs on the server and generates dynamic web pages that can be viewed in the web browser.
Some key advantage ASP.NET framework offers for Web development:
1. ASP.NET reduces the line of code needed to develop large applications.
2. Built-in Windows authentication and per-application configuration keep your applications secured.
3. It is an ideal server-side scripting technology that is why code runs on the windows server before displaying on the web browser.
4. The ASP code and HTML smoothly mix with each other to generate dynamic web pages.
5. Dot NET framework is language independent, so choose any programming language that best suited to develop your application.
6. ASP.NET is easy to deploy because of built-in configuration information.
7. The Windows Web server precisely monitors the web pages, various components and application running over it. It immediately gives an alert for any memory leaks, unbounded loops and other illegal behaviors. It instantly kills those behaviors and restarts automatically.
8. Early binding, JIT compilation, caching services, and native optimization supports to get high level of performance.
9. All the application processes are minutely monitored and manage to help application continuously available to handle requests.
10. WYSIWYG is an editor tool available in Visual studio.
ASP.NET is the next- generation platform of Microsoft’s ASP. It is widely used development framework for creating enterprise level web application. Either for building a small website or a large corporate web application ASP.NET is the best development technology.
Article from articlesbase.com
Related ASP.NET Articles