O’Reilly Media had released a new book titled Creating a Website: The Missing Manual, authored by Matthew MacDonald who is a renowned author.
O’Reilly Media says – Think you need an army of skilled programmers to build a website? Think again. With nothing more than an ordinary PC, some raw ambition, and this book, you’ll learn how to create and maintain a professional-looking, visitor-friendly site.
Creating a Website: The Missing Manual, Third Edition by technology writer and author Matthew MacDonald gives you all the tools, techniques, and expert advice you need. The book examines the following topics in detail with source codes and screenshots.
(1) Plan your site. Create web pages by learning the basics of HTML and HTML5.
(2) Control page design with CSS. Format text, images, links, tables, and other elements.
(3) Attract visitors. Ensure that people can find your site through popular search engines.
(4) Build a community. Add forums, fresh content, and a feedback form to encourage repeat visits.
(5) Get smart. Use free tools to identify your site’s strengths and weaknesses.
(6) Create your own blog. Post your musings with a free blog-hosting service.
(7) Bring in cash. Host Google ads, sell Amazon’s wares, or push your own products.
(8) Add pizzazz. Include audio, video, interactive menus, and more.
About the Book
Creating a Website: The Missing Manual, Third Edition
Publisher: O’Reilly Media
By Matthew MacDonald
Print ISBN: 9781449301729
Ebook ISBN: 9781449398743
Print Price: $29.99
Ebook Price: $23.99