Paragon Software Group (PSG), the technology leader in innovative data security and data management solutions, today announced the release of Virtualization Manager 2010 Corporate to provide high-end migration for corporate Windows environments.
Designed for use by system administrators and other IT professionals, Virtualization Manager 2010 Corporate provides a complete set of tools to seamlessly migrate a Windows-based computer system to a different environment, whether it be physical to virtual (P2V) physical to physical (P2P), virtual to physical (V2P) or virtual to virtual (V2V). A Smart Driver Injector simplifies the process of adding new drivers, and an online processing of locked (in-use) hard disks enables migration without rebooting Windows and interrupting the transfer.
Virtualization Manager 2010 Corporate is composed of several unique technologies. Paragon Adaptive RestoreTM solves boot problems after an unsuccessful migration attempt by a third party by enabling users to make any Win2K system bootable on dissimilar hardware through automatic injection of all required drivers. Paragon VIMTM (Virtual Image Management) enables the user to work with virtual disks as if they are actual physical hard disks. Connect VDTM (Virtual Disk) is the latest functionality based on Paragon VIM that provides easy and efficient access to virtual disks directly from the program’s interface.
“Paragon’s Virtualization Manager 2010 Corporate edition provides full virtual server support to companies who require smooth and cost-effective system migration,” said Tom Fedro, president of Paragon Software Group. “Our VIM and Connect VD technologies allow customers to achieve a number of tasks that would normally be difficult or expensive to achieve, such as partitioning operations with offline virtual disks and exchanging data between physical and virtual disks.”
Key features and benefits include:
- Supports any Windows OS since Win 2K, including Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Supports major virtual machines, including MS Virtual Server & Hyper-V R1/R2, VM Ware ESX Server, Sun Virtual Box, Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and Virtual PC 7, VMware Player and Workstation 4.0 and Fusion 1.0-3.0
- Allows any type of migration, including P2V, P2V Restore, V2P, V2V, P2P and migration of Windows 7 installed on .vhd
- VD Partitioning – performs drive partitioning of any complexity for offline virtual disks
- Migrates a physical system to a virtual machine or converts backup image to a virtual disk
- Recovers the OS startup ability after unsuccessful virtualization by a 3rd party tool or different hardware platform
- VD Data Transfer – exchanges data between physical environments and virtual ones or between a virtual disk and its snapshots
- Hot processing of locked (in-use) hard disks to migrate a computer without rebooting and interrupting Windows
- Smart Driver Injector – makes the process of adding new drivers smooth and simple
- Previews changes before they are applied on a handy disk partitioning map
- Chooses any destination to create virtual disks, including a network share
- Transparent processing of virtual machine snapshots of disks
Visit http://www.paragon-software.com/business/vm-corporate/ to learn more.