Microsoft has announced the arrival of second generation Surface tablets at a press event in New York. Panos Panay, who heads Surface product group at Microsoft, demonstrated the various features of the new device along with the various offerings. The new Surface release is as a result of 18 months of hard work and research by Redmond engineers.
Surface Pro 2
- ClearType HD 10.6-inch display at a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels
- Fourth-gen Intel Core i5 (Haswell) processor
- Windows 8.1 4GB of RAM with 64 or 128GB of storage 8GB of RAM with 256 or 512 GB of storage
- Digital Dolby sound
- Ability to stand in two positions (22 and 55 degrees) with improved kickstand
Price – $899
- NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor
- ClearType 10.6-inch full HD display
- Windows RT 8.1
- 3.5-megapixel front-facing
- 5-megapixel rear camera
- USB 3.0 port
- Silver magnesium case
- Office 2013 RT suite with Outlook RT
- 32GB or 64GB
Price – $449
Microsoft is also offering free skype based international calls and Wi-Fi for a year with 200GB of space on SkyDrive for two years to potential buyers.
“The next productive personal tablet ever built,” says Microsoft. Industry Insiders claims that these two new devices are the lightest in the world of tablets.
Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 will be available for pre-order from September 24, 2013 and will be shipped by October 18, 2013 after the official release of Windows 8.1