Windows Phone developers can now purchase ads to promote their apps directly through pubCenter Promote Your App. The ads will appear in those apps that make use of Microsoft Ad SDK.
Microsoft has recently added several enhancements as listed below to Promote Your App feature in pubCenter.
- More platforms – promote Windows 8.x apps in addition to Windows Phone 7.x and 8.x apps
- More markets – promote apps in more English-speaking markets
- Increased budget – spend up to 5x more than previously: limit is now US$500 per month per campaign
- More graphic options – new templates
- More agile – campaigns can now be paused and resumed
- Easier to access – Windows Phone Dev Center dashboard includes a direct link
“Promoting your apps through ads is an effective mechanism to drive awareness and downloads, and I recommend complementing this with other mechanisms such as featuring the Windows Store download badge prominently on your web site,” said Bernardo Zamora, Microsoft.
In order to promote Window Phone apps, visit the Windows Phone Dev Center dashboard and select Promote Your App. If you need to promote your Windows 8 app, directly navigate to pubCenter.
“In a month Windows Dev Center will include the direct link to Promote Your App,” said Bernardo in his blog post.
Vijay Rajagopalan, Microsoft has published a comprehensive coverage of all the new capabilities available for developers to promote Windows and Windows Phone Apps.