Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC provides support for the next major version of the .NET Framework, ASP.NET 5 and MVC 6. According to official sources, Telerik is the first UI component vendor to completly integrate .NET 5 ecosystem. You will be able to take advantage of the new features immediately.
“This version of Microsoft ASP.NET is a major move from a closed-source framework supported and developed by a single vendor to an open-source web framework accepting contributions. It’s also a shift from the ability to create Windows-only web apps to cross-platform development on Windows, Mac and Linux,” said Stefan Rahnev, Product Manager, Telerik Kendo UI.
Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC enables you to perform following tasks
- Build cross-platform web applications for Windows, Mac and Linux OS utilizing the .NET Core Cross Platform CLR
- Take advantage of new features such as view components, unified MVC, Web API and Entity Framework integrations as well as increased cross-platform productivity with Visual Studio Code, easy package and task management with Bower, NuGet, Grunt.
- Host apps in IIS or self-host in your own processes.
- Simplified dependency management
- Integrated dependency injection.
You can continue to work with your current and previous projects since both Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC and .NET 5 CLR are backwards compatible.